3 Wonderfully Romantic Ideas for a Special Date Night
You know that spending a date night with your partner is a great way to spend time with each other. Also, you know that dating is an opportunity to connect as a couple, have new experiences, and strengthen your bond and your relationship. Yet, you don’t want to keep doing the same things over and over, right? Consider these special date night ideas for your next romantic date.
Special Date Night Idea #1: The Adventure Date
For your next romantic date, why not add a little adventure? Keep in mind this doesn’t mean you have to participate in an “extreme” sport. Rather, consider activities that you will both enjoy that get you outside and blood pumping. For instance:
- Go for a trail run or bike ride
- Fish in a local stream or pond
- Visit a nature park or preserve
- Walk along a trail or path
- Participate in a sport together, such as a recreation league
When planning your special date night, pack along a picnic for dinner. Include some favorite snacks and beverages too.
Special Date Night Idea #2: The Intellectually Stimulating Date
Learning something new together is not only fun, but it’s romantic too. It’s a great way to spend an evening and create a closer connection through new experiences. Some ideas include:
- Attending a reading and author signing at a local book shop.
- Listening to an open lecture.
- Attending a concert, play, or musical.
- Visiting an art gallery.
- Learning a new skill, art form, or craft.
- Visiting a museum.
- Trying a new type of food from another culture together.
Need ideas? Look no further than your local university or community college. They always have events that are open to the public. For instance, in Rexburg, ID, we have Brigham Young University-Idaho.
Special Date Night Idea #3: The Stay-at-Home Date
Sometimes a romantic date needs to go no further than your doorstep.
Consider these thoughts.
- Reading aloud a book together. We loved reading “Gift of the Red Bird.”
- Playing a new board game or card game that neither of you have tried yet.
- Making an art or crafts project together.
- Playing musical instruments.
- Spending time by a fire.
- Cooking a creative meal together. Consult your cookbook or sign up for one of many mail-away clubs that send easy to prepare meals each week.
You can have a special date night while still in the comforts of your home!
Factors to Consider When Creating a Special Date Night
When designing a special date night, consider these factors:
- Is it something new or novel?
- Does the activity interest both of you?
- Will the experience allow you to communicate with each other?
- Does the activity have the opportunity to create a new memory?
- If one is more interested than the other, are both at least willing to try?
Turn off Your Cell Phone When on a Special Date Night
No matter what you do, don’t allow your cell phone to be a distraction. This is an opportunity for the both of you to spend quality time together. A phone brings along lots of distractions that takes your attention away from your partner. If you can’t resist the urge to check your phone, leave it at home. Or, if spending time at home, turn it off and put it in a drawer or leave it in another room.
A romantic date doesn’t have to be time-consuming, elaborate, or expensive. Rather, it should be an opportunity for you as a couple to focus on each other, have fun, and communicate. Shared experiences help to strengthen the romantic bonds of a partnership and builds trust.
Next time you are planning a special date night, consider the ideas above. Or, design your own. The sky’s the limit with your creativity.